Crypto-accepting debit cards: Are they worth it? 7th DeFi class recap
The 7th DeFi class proves how beneficial it is to provide free DeFi classes. This DeFi class tackles the importance of crypto-accepting debit cards and their worth in this fast-progressing world. Now, we will go back to some highlights for the benefit of those who could not watch the show live. Here’s how the webinar goes.
PrivacySwap and its vision in the FREE DeFi class
As usual, we kick off the webinar with a brief introduction of the platform, what we offer, and the purpose of the webinar we conduct.
“We are a fast-growing DeFi project that builds a vibrant and sustainable yield farming community. We aim to create an ecosystem where assets grow without risking your identity.”
Moreover, attracting new investors and spreading the platform’s vision remains the utmost purpose of the free DeFi classes.
The real-world impact of coin-based debit cards
After discussing the agenda, we went right ahead and discussed the pros and cons of a crypto-accepting debit card. The breakdown of the pros and cons are listed below:
- Being able to spend your crypto assets like a fiat currency
- Potentially reduced or waived foreign conversion fees
- Typically multi-currency allows diversified spending
- Considerable cash-backs
- Spending crypto might trigger a taxable event
- Geographical restrictions may apply
- A debit card necessitates enough balance to be able to spend.
After which, we quickly show the current design of the cards and compare it to the existing crypto-accepting debit card. It was followed by what the cards can do compared to its counterpart.
Usability comparison (* lowest Initial requirement lowered to $500 a day after the webinar)
Furthermore, the staking requirements adjustments remains as follows:
- The initial stake requirement for the Black Premium tier was US$5,000, which has since been decreased to US$500 worth of PRV.
- The initial stake threshold for the Black Metal tier was US$20,000, which was decreased to US$7,000 in PRV.
- The initial stake threshold for the Silver Metal tier was USD 35,000, which was reduced to US$12,000 in PRV.
- The initial stake threshold for the Gold Metal tier was USD 50,000, which was decreased to US$18,000 in PRV.
PRV 2.0 at a Glance
We also cover our new token, the PRV 2.0 and PRVG. Here are some highlights.
In addition, as described in the webinar, below is how PRV 2.0 works.
Current PRV holders:
- Swapping PRV tokens for PRV2+ PRVG tokens are permitted at a fixed price.
- There is no reason to take a chance on the IDO. (Previous PRV holders will receive PRV2+PRVG at a fixed ratio.)
- Moving to PRV2 is a foregone conclusion.
- The whole public will be required to participate in the public sale of PRV2+ PRVG.
- For initial liquidity, there is a restricted supply of PRV2+PRVG.
Approximately 80% of the PRV2 is set aside for current PRV holders, with the remaining 20% set aside for new investors. More so, the 7th DeFi class ended with a Q&A as usual.
The webinar lasted for one and a half hours, and the participation of the attendees was astonishing. The questions we received during the seminars showcased how interested PRV hodlers are in our upcoming plans. Still, PrivacySwap’s team has more to offer and showcase, which will be announced in our coming DeFi classes and official web pages. As a new investor, the best thing you can do for now is to engage with our community and to get updated with the happenings on PRV.
Furthermore, if you miss our DeFi classes, you can always visit our YouTube channel or check our official web pages below to get updated.